Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Mouse in the House



Mouse in the House

Had a dream last night about a big & nasty rat sitting on the window sill of the chicken coop
Just sitting there staring at me
It was probably inspired by the mouse in the house that startled me silly the other night
I saw the little thing out of the corner of my eye
It was walking along the edge of the room
I jumped and stood up on the couch
Like it was going to do something bad to me
What could a little, tiny mouse really do anyway?
Thought about setting up a mouse trap
But I got snowed in for a few days
I'm not sure if the mouse is still around
Maybe if I just made it my pet if I see it again
Then it wouldn't freak me out
A change in perception maybe
It's a free range pet!
Could put food out for it
I don't think that will work
If I see it run around the house again
I'll probably freak out again
Maybe I'll let the cat inside
The cat doesn't scare me if it's an invited guest
But I guess if I saw an unknown cat jut out from behind a dresser and run across the room
That would give me a major jolt up the spine
But if I let the known cat hang out in the house with the unknown mouse
Then I'll wash my hands clean of it
It's just what the cat does
They hunt little rodents because that's how they work
And then it will bring them to you as gifts
Just what I wanted, a dead, stinky mouse...
Still living with a mouse somewhere in the house

No comments:

Post a Comment